Bonjour bonjour :D
Here's what I thought could be our "guidelines" of sorts for the community. If you guys would like to discuss, go nuts. I really don't want to start with crazy nazi rules, I just want things to be sort of organized so that the community actually serves a purpose (which is sadly not spamming everybody with naked pictures of Massu, but rather have a mini kind of database of things to do).
So here's how I thought it could go
Every month (or whatever period of time we decide on) we plan one or many little group things where we go out and do something new. When that happens, I think it would be good if it was always the same person (or a designated group of 2-3 people) that posted the info. Here's what I had in mind (for now I'll assume I'm the only maintainer, but if anybody wants to help out, yay :D)
The maintaner(s) post:
1) Where we're going and when - we can add polls or what not to make it easier. Everybody comments in the same post, gives suggestions, gives their availabilities, etc.
I don't think it's necessary to have a format to post your suggestions, but I think we should agree on a few important things that we should remember to mention such as:
- Price Range
- Where is it and is it easily accessible by public transport?
- Is there a dress code?
- Any very obviously important things to mention (ie. there are male strippers in this bar)
2) Confirmation - a post with the date, time and place so that nobody's confused. People can then RSVP by commenting.
3) Review - a post that the maintainer(s) make after the activity, where everybody can leave a comment to say what they thought about the place. Maybe we can include a little poll in there too. That way if we do something and everybody says "Hurray Hurray let's go back!", we can keep it for further references, and if everybody says "I puked when I got home" we'll know never to recommend that restaurant to anyone (unless we hate them)
Again, I don't think it's necessary to have a format, I think maybe we could start our comment saying if we would go back again (only with a Yes or No with a very short comment if necessary) and then on a separate line we can write a little review. That way if you scroll down without reading all the reviews in detail, you can still get a good idea of whether the activity in question was good or not.
As for everything else, here's what I think should belong here that anyone can post
- If new people join, they should introduce themselves
- Making or asking for recommendations that don't necessarily concern the group activity (ie you've got a friend from out of town who's coming over and you want to take him/her bowling, what's the best place? or you got off at the wrong bus stop the other day and just happened to stumble over a store that sells the most awesome lampshades and you wanted to share it with the world. Whatever :))
- Posting pictures of our outings
- Questions or comments that are relevant to this community (that means no Hugo hentai)
Last thing - tags! I think it's the easiest way to track down all of our stuff. I think we should agree on a list of set tags to use like:
Types of activities:
- Don't know what name we could give it but stuff like bowling or pool that don't exactly fit under sports
List of neighborhoods:
(insert list of mtl neighborhoods here)
- less than 10$
- more than 40$
(or something remotely like that)
and whatever else we come up with. I'll use the memories too for some things (we'll work it out as we go along)
This is already long enough, so I'll leave it at that for now. Tell me what you think :)